Chamilo is an open source course management application. Forked from Dokeos in 2010, Chamilo is currently used by more than 3.5 million students and teachers worldwide.
Chamilo aims at bringing you the best e-learning and collaboration platform in the open source world. Chamilo is also a brand owned by the Chamilo Association, which makes it possible for many companies to build on the name of the product with very low risk. The trademark is not and will never be owned by a single trademark holder.
- Easy creation of educational content
- Tracking of users results, allowing for methodology improvements
- Clean interface, letting user focus on learning
- Synchronous and asynchronous communication channels
- Many tools allowing for all learning types (visual, auditive, practical, serious games, staff selection)
- Extensive documents management capabilities